Sunday 7 February 2016

Christopher Cheng's NEW Book




NEW YEAR SURPRISE!




Christopher Cheng's NEW picture book New Year Surprise! Illustrated by Di Wu.
Di travelled to Guangzhou in China to paint the pictures for this book. They were created in a traditional way – by using Chinese brushes and the colours of traditional Chinese painting, as well as by painting on rice paper.
**********
Set in snowy Northern China this book is about the coming Chinese New Year and one little boy who is  told that he’s too small to help out. Read the story to discover his special job for the Spring Festival. 
I hope you enjoy reading the story.  

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. that was a great book that entertained me and informed me about Chinese New Year!
    The illustration by Di Wu were magnificent.
    My favourite part was when he finally found out about what his surprise job was.
    Thank you Mrs. Lemele for sharing this with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Mandalin. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. I love the illustrations too, especially how they've been done on rice paper.

    ReplyDelete